Ultra-versatile and just as comfy, it’s no surprise that blanket scarfs are super popular. These types of scarves are great whenever you want to quickly throw on a warm accessory, twist it into an intricate design, or simply snuggle up under a blanket. And they aren’t just for October and December weather, blanket scarves are year-round necessities.
If you need ideas for how to wear your blanket scarf, read on. We’ve got the best blanket scarf styling tips for you in the below article. All of these styling ideas take less than a minute!
How to tie a blanket scarf
You can style a blanket scarf as a traditional scarf, a kerchief, a shawl or wrap, or even a vest.
One of the most popular ways to tie a blanket scarf is as a big cozy kerchief around your neck. Here’s how to wear this style.
- Fold the scarf in half from corner to corner to create a triangle.
- Take two corners of the triangle and cross them behind your head, before bringing them back around to the front.
- Complete the look by tucking the ends into the rest of the scarf or letting them hang loose.
How to wrap a blanket scarf
You can wear a blanket scarf as a wrap or poncho. Here’s how.
- Hold the scarf out, so it opens in front of you, and fold over the top a bit so the fringe is underneath.
- Drape the scarf around your shoulders and bring the ends in front.
- Tighten the scarf to achieve your desired look, add a pin, or belt it for a makeshift cardigan.
How to put on a blanket scarf
Putting on a blanket scarf is as simple or as complex as you want it to be. You can drape it around your shoulders like a shawl, bunch it together so it hangs like a long scarf in front, or use it as a blanket when you’re sitting down. Continue reading below for two more of our favorite styles.How to wear a blanket scarf like an infinity scarf:
- Hold the scarf out in front of you and fold it in half, connecting two opposite corners to form a triangle.
- With the bottom corner of the triangle facing toward the ground in front of you, take the two other corners and loop them around your neck so they’re back in front again.
- Fluff the scarf to add some volume.
- Take one of the corners and fold it on top of the scarf so it fits inside. Repeat with the other corner.
- Finally, take the bottom part and fold it up into the inside so it meets the other corners.
- Hold the scarf out in front of you and fold it in half, lengthwise.
- Gather a part of it with each hand, so the scarf looks like a long ribbon rather than a blanket folded in half.
- Drape the scarf around your neck and drag one side down so it’s longer than the other.
- Take the long side and wrap it around your neck again. When you bring it back to the front, slip it through the loop.
How to wear a rectangular blanket scarf
You can style rectangular blanket scarves in all the same ways you style a square scarf. With their longer design, rectangular blanket scarves are perfect for pretty double knots. Here’s how to achieve this style.
- Hold the scarf out in front of you and fold it twice lengthwise.
- Loop it around the back of your neck and cross one end over the other in front of you. Tie a loose knot.
- Tie another knot, making sure to keep the knots close together.
The pretzel style also looks fab with rectangular blanket scarfs. Follow these steps.
- Fold the scarf in half lengthwise.
- Loop it around the front of your neck, so both sides of the scarf are hanging down your back.
- Bring the long sides around to your front.
- Take one end and fold it on top of the scarf so it fits inside. Repeat on the other side.
- Continue to pull both ends out from the bottom.
- Loosen and fluff your scarf for volume.
How to fold a blanket scarf
Regardless of how you choose to wear your blanket scarf, most looks start out with the same fold. All you have to do is fold your blanket scarf in half from corner to corner, so you create a triangle. Feel free to use the floor or a flat surface so you can get the fold just right.
Meet your new favorite blanket scarf
The Travelista is Roam Often’s signature blanket scarf, and it was designed, by women travelers, for scarf lovers like you. This rectangular blanket scarf comes in light and dark plaid patterns, and is woven from anti-static material that stays clean, frizz-free, and oh-so-soft. It’s the ideal travel companion for any venture - whether you are heading out to see the world, or just running an errand or reading by the fire. Click the link to get yours now and don’t forget to shop our other travel accessories.
Roam often, stay stylish.